20121106

Being thankful, Day #6

Today i am thankful for the Word of God.  This is something i have researched for over two decades.  I wanted to know why i could believe the Bible, why it is relevant to my life, and why so many different translations - just for English.  I already have a few posts on this topic so i will not be exhaustive here.  Today i am thankful for the Protestant Bible because it brings me peace, it brings me a sense of understanding in an ever changing world that often does not make sense.

For example, my nation votes for its leadership today.  There are many things i am concerned about, most of which i do not have any control over.  But God's Word shows me that He is ultimately in control, that even when the storms rage, or i disagree with those in leadership positions, He is always there.So, i know that even if the person i voted for, is not in office in the near future, i know that, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28 ESV)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!