20070116

Complete Sincerity

Man what a weekend. The stereo-type of sleepovers if for a room full of girls staying up all night talking. Well I am here to tell you that boys do it to! LOL Friday night we had a sleepover for my oldest and a small number of his friends. At 2 AM I walked downstairs and threatened to start calling parents! And they were all up at 7:30 looking for breakfast! My body is reminding me that I am not a young man anymore. :) Overall a wonderful weekend. We spent time together as a family. Ok, on to the continuation of the samurai ideals...
Makoto - Compete Sincerity: When a samurai has said he will perform an action, it us as good as done. Nothing will stop him from completing what he has said he will do. He does not have to "give his word." He does not have to "promise." The action of speaking alone has set the act of doing in motion. Speaking and doing are the same action.
This is yet another area that I struggle with from time to time. The Bible is pretty clear on this area as well. "But above all, my brothers, do not swear, either by heaven or by earth or by any other oath, but let your “yes” be yes and your “no” be no, so that you may not fall under condemnation." (James 5:12, ESV) I struggle with this because my desires often out pace my reality. There are times that I want to just make people happy. But in the end we are to be a people of our word. We, as Christian, represent the Lord Jesus Christ. Verse for today: 1 Corinthians 6:18-20, ESV Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin [5] a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

No comments: