20070119

Polite Courtesy

Wow. After going back and reading my post from yesterday... I am not sure I said what I meant to say. What I was trying to say is that my walk with the Lord is my honor. Although I am the best judge of it (because I see my true motives better then others - hopefully) I should not be unapproachable. I need to allow God to move through the Holy Spirit and other people around me to show me my blind spots. My honor is not found in myself and my deeds, but in my wallk with the Lord. Ok, now on to todays topic. :)
Rei - Polite Coutesty: Samurai have no reason to be cruel. They do not need to prove their strength. A samurai is courteous even to his enemies. Without this outward show of respect, we are nothing more than animals. A samurai is not only respected for his strength in battle, but also in his dealing with other men. The true inner strength of a samurai becomes apparent during difficult times.
I know I have been guilty of not always showing respect to others. My own pride is my biggest stumbling block. Think about it. The battle is already won. Our Lord has won it, and not just in my personal life but in this world. We may have to endure until the end (either our own or His return). What would it serve to be rude or cruel to another? Am I not my Lord's embassidor? When I bare His name as Christian I am His personal representative. Therefor I should be compossed. "Though he slay me, I will hope in him" (Job 13a, ESV) Is there any circumstance that I find myself in that is either not directly performed by Him, or allowed by Him? Do not all things work for my good? (Romans 8:28) If I display cruelty, or anger, or I am rude isn't that railing against what my Lord is doing/allowing in my life for His glory and my on-going sanctification? Verse for today: Job 38:1-7, ESV Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said: “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Dress for action [1] like a man; I will question you, and you make it known to me. “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements—surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy? For me the Lord's rebuke to Job speaks to my own pride. The entire book of Job is my favorite book in the entire Bible. -s4G

No comments: