20070118

A matter of Honor

Yesterday I was able to participate in the Governor's inaguration for Maryland. Governor O'Malley was sworn in and all went well. It was pretty cold but the new 'snivel' gear the Army issues is not bad. I was able to stay pretty warm for the most part. If I get copies of any of the pictures taken I hope to post them later. To continue on my little thread of samurai attributes I strive for...
Meiyo - Honor: A true samurai has only one judge of his honor, and that is himself. Decisions you make and how these decisions are carried out are a reflection of whom you truly are. You cannot hide from yourself.
Honor is one of those things that smacks of pride. Examples are eluding me as I am typing this blog entry this morning, but I am sure that any readers of this entry can come up with several examples without much effort. Several stories from the Civil War come to mind now, but I will not post them here. To me this word, Honor, speaks to me as not a matter of pride but my walk with the Lord. It is true that the only judge (in this world) of my honor (or walk with the Lord) is myself. That is not to say that a brother cannot come alongside me and share an observation or concern of this or that. As a matter of fact I need this because no one can see everything. But no one sees my heart as I do. The only other person that can see into my heart and its motives is the Lord. And I am grateful that He sees it better than I do. Verse for today: 1 Timothy 1:12-17, ESV I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. To the King of ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. [4] Amen.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Honor...interesting thoughts.

Praying that God gives you blessings beyond measure this week.

:-) Susan