20070509

Misc. ramblings

This weeks schedule has really kept me off balance as far as keeping a consitant thought train going. So I will just ramble a bit today. :) * The Carolina Panthers sign Steve Smith to a 3 year extension. This makes me happy as a Panthers fan. Not necessarily because Mr. Smith is a good football player though. # 89 has been a consistant team player and he has produced quality play every year. He plays with his heart and he does not hold back. That is what makes me happy. His size and him being a big target for other teams to key on worries me long term. As of now he is under contract through 2012. That is a lot of football left to play. I pray for him to continue to love to play and that he would remain injury free. If God continues to bless his on (and off) the field performance I pray he would make the Hall of Fame. It would give me cause to go see that museum once again. * Alter Bridge - while I was at drill this weekend (I stay over night in the armory instead of driving all the way home) I picked up a copy of apparently the only album these guys put out. For those that do not know them they are the remnants of what was once known as Creed. I enjoyed the album, but I really like the Creed stuff more. * It is the lawn care time of year again. I really need to get some work done on the back year, and some anti-weed stuff down. I also need to dethatch the front flower beds and get some mulch down. I have a truck load of mulch and dirt coming today so it should be a busy weekend. * I have not been able to get out and visit other friend's blogs as much as I would like lately. I enjoy each of the ones I frequent so I miss them. I keep the bookmarks so I can still get to them later. I pray that each of them are doing well. * The military was kind enough to give me an over 40 physical this weekend. I was very relieved to find that they have changed how they check the prostate. It is now done via a blood test instead of the "probe" method. My teeth are in decent shape. My glasses are performing their required functions. I received a thirty day profile for my back. Although my back is still sore it feels stronger so I guess I am making progress. The biggest thing - my colesterol is apparently pretty high. 238! The last test I had it was in the 170's - less than 12 months ago. *sigh* I am working on it. I have paid more attention to my diet this week, and I made myself get up to walk for thirty minutes this morning. * My on going exchange of questions with my beloved have been a lot of fun. I encourage anyone who is having some difficulty talking with their spouse to try this. Well, that is all for today. May the Lord richly bless each and everyone of you this day. Verse for today: Psalm 41:1-3, ESV Blessed is the one who considers the poor! [1] In the day of trouble the Lord delivers him; the Lord protects him and keeps him alive; he is called blessed in the land; you do not give him up to the will of his enemies. The Lord sustains him on his sickbed; in his illness you restore him to full health. [2]

2 comments:

Rich said...

What is the exchange of questions you are refering to??

Susan said...

Praying for you during this busy time. Glad to know that you are doing well and that the Panthers extended Smith's contract. I LOVE the NFL Hall of Fame! It's a great place...

Have a blessed week...and yes, I'd like to know more about the questions too!

:-) Susan