20070503

The foundation of the body

In the past few weeks I have found the true foundation of the human body. It is the spine. A while back I had to replace one of the tires on our minivan. Although it was a little early (about 300 miles) I went ahead and rotated the tires, which I do myself. On the last tire I felt something 'tweak' in my back. So much so that I actually had to take a moment to 'settle down' again. The next day I was not in a lot of obvious pain, but my hands were shaking and it was very uncomfortable to walk or sit. Since then I have been seeing a chiropractor. Although I am feeling a lot better I have learned a bunch of new exercises and techniques. Praise God that there is no serious or permenant damage. I am a little dismayed that the Doc tells me that sometimes these things can take up to two years to get back to 100%, but I am happy with the recovery. I am also very happy that this doctor prefers the McKenzie method over drugs and surgury. He will use the later if needed, but they are not his first choice. I titled this entry as such because I have found out first hand that if your back is not right, there is not much else that is right either. Verse for today: Ephesians 2:19-22, ESV So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, [3] but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by [4] the Spirit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the back. Like you said, if the back isn't right nothings right. I keep a standing appt. with a Chiropractor once a month. Just to keep everything straight. I hope you heal soon...........Bob

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Sounds like you have a good doc. I love the application you made. Praying you'll feel better and that it will not take 2 years to heal!

Susan said...

I pray that you are already feeling better. I also hope that you continue to write your short stories. It's an outlet for you.

:-) Susan