20070523

Spring Wedding season

One of the advantages of being the member of the National Guard for so long is you can get to go to so many weddings outside of the normal "wedding cycle"(***) of a marriage relationship. In the next month or so I will be going to two weddings of some long time friends from the Guard. These guys are still 'kids', but they are both taking the plunge for the first time. I pray that they both will enjoy thei marriages for many, many years to come. Marriage is a hard thing. It is the source of my greatest frustrations and, but more importantly, my greatest joys. I used to hear that it is a 50-50 deal, but I disagree. It is a 100% effort on both parts, because when one of you are weak, the other can be strong. Looking back over my marriage I would definetly say that it gets better and better as time moves on. The first year was cake, but years 2 through 7 were hard. But my beloved is my best friend. We are going through a growth spurt (and we all know how uncomfortable that can be), but it is wonderful. We have a lot planned for the next year. I jsut want to get to the other side right now. *** The seaon of a relationship when all your friends are getting married at the same time. It goes away for a while, and then (supposedly) it comes back when your friends kids start getting hitched. Verse for the day: Proverbs 18:22, ESV He who finds a wife finds a good thingand obtains favor from the Lord.

1 comment:

Susan said...

This cracks me up...you're right it's 100 and 100 not 50/50. My DH and I will celebrate 20 years at the end of the Summer and I have to laugh cause we jokingly say, "It's been the best 7 years of our lives!" I don't think I'd ever go back to the early years...

:-) Susan