20070504

What a difference

I enjoy writing. It's a nice way to escape and just 'play'. For me I write about my hobby, and since I do not get to play it all that often I guess it's a way of prolonging the experience. Recently I ordered the latest books that is based off of the same game system (Necromunda) and I started reading one. Now, I've known this before, but it really struck me the difference between what I write and what makes it to a publisher. The funny thing is when I go to a fan based stories message board I am told that I get to sidetracked with description. That I take too long to develop the plot, etc. But when I read the books that is exactly what those authors do. Granted they probably do it better than I do, but still their writing is very descriptive. Well, since I write those stories for no one in particular I will just have to work on my 'atmosphere'. :) If anyone is interested I have a link on the side bar to the right (-->) that will take you to my short stories blog area. If not I will not take offence. :) Verse for today: Psalm 18:1-3, ESV I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.

No comments: