20070529

It's good to get back to work for some rest

Wow, what a crazy weekend. My beloved and I went to a friends wedding reception on Friday night. We had a wonderful time, and my beloved was able to socialize with my fellow soldiers in a non-mandatory-fun situation. I thought that was the extent of our schedule for most of the weekend but I was so wrong. Saturday morning we were up bright and early to pick up kids from those who were kind enough to watch them overnight (and no, I was not able to take advantage of having the house to ourselves). We had to divide and conquer Saturday morning to get everything done before going to a friends house for a Barbeque - that was originally set for Sunday afternoon. And we stayed out WAY too late. :) Sunday morning we spent recovering. To my discredit neither I or the kids made it to church. My beloved had to get in because she helps out with the Children's ministry. Sunday afternoon a friend sought to get together to play cards. This quickly bloomed into another large get together and I was up way too late again. :) Monday I had to report to my unit for our participation in a parade and a salute. The day took a little longer than I had originally thought, but after this we yet again went over to a friends house for dinner. No long after I got the trash out after getting home I was paged for work. I had originally thought this weekend was going to be relaxing. I am not complaining because it was wonderful to spend so much time with friends. I really do not get much time to socialize and play games with friends so that was really nice. The kids did pay a price though. Not too much sleep. It was also good to have some social time with guys from my unit. But with getting paged last night I did not get much sleep and I am paying the price today. I am still grateful for all that God has been doing in my life lately. It is a growing period - which everyone knows can be both painful and wonderful. Verse for today: 1 Corinthians 13:12, ESV For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hoping you get some sleep tonight. I think it's neat that you were able to connect with various friends throughout the weekend. I'm praying for some "couple friends" for us...as this is limited for us now that he's not pastoring anymore.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

samurai said...

I find that a little sad. Is it because your husband is not a pastor anymore, or is it because of his new duties take him away from home more?

My first impression was that you do not have "couple" friends because he is not a pastor anymore... and if that's the case... that is a shame.