20070507

It never ends

It was a busy, but uneventful weekend. I spent Saturday going through a military physical. That is to say that what would have taken me an hour with my primary care doctor took me the better part of a day. But then, they are trying to process over a hundred men and women through pretty much the same places. I found out that my colesterol was a little high. This did not make my beloved very happy. I was told to follow up with my civilian doctor in a few months after trying to heroicly change my diet, etc. I'm sure my love will help me with this. :) I tried to do a little reading on things I can do but it's pretty much what everyone knows already. Avoid red meat, avoid fried foods (like McDonalds :( ), exericise, Omega 3 fish oils are supposed to be good. But the reason for my post... after picking up DS1 from his soccer game, heading home so we both could take showers, we were heading to AWANA at our church and we were talking about some aspect of finances. At one point he blurted out, "How do you know all these things?" (Note: he was not proclaiming that I was smart...) "I mean, they should teach these things in schools!" Apparently he worries about not knowing enough when he gets older. In the end I told him that you never stop learning. For example when you learn how to drive a car you learn about the laws that you are supposed to abide by, how to operate the car, etc. But when you get into business you have to learn the laws that govern that. And so on. As the final example I tried to show him that how he relates to other people can be a little different depending on each person's personality. How one relates to one person is not how you should relate to others (epecially women ;) ). I just hope I did not overwhelm him with that. I wanted to let him know that no one knows everything and we each have to learn as we go. Verse for today: Psalm 33:10-12, ESV The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing;he frustrates the plans of the peoples. The counsel of the Lord stands forever,the plans of his heart to all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord,the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!

No comments: