20071008

Monday, already?

I feel like I've been run over this morning. The truck missed me, but that zippy little hybrid caught me right in the back of the head. :) Not really sure what it is, but it descended upon me Friday night and I've not been right since. Intestinal things, a constant headache, and both Saturday and Sunday I hit a wall where I just had to close the eyes for 10-20 minutes (and I mean as soon as they were closed there was no stopping the slumber). But I still find myself at work today. No fever or anything, just the yuckies - that and it's a government holiday, but not for my employer. That means I get a full day of work, but a whole lot less stress. :) I don't mind Mondays normally. Sure it's going back to work and all, but I like routine. I like schedules. :) So Monday is almost theraputic after the chaos that is home life with kids in school. :) I didn't start "The Cross of Christ" like I wanted to this weekend, but it was still a pretty decent weekend. We went to a friends house Friday night and played "Golf" for several hours (and stayed up way too late - LOL). Saturday was awesome... we had nothing planed. We had a nice family day pittering around the house (my beloved made cookies - which she loves to do, I played chess with DS1, we got the tire on the van fixed while we ate lunch at the mall, and DS2 had the opportunity to spend the night at a friends house. This last one was a real blessing because he does not get a chance to spend time with friends one-on-one all that much - not too many such invitations come his way. Sunday was somewhat relaxing, church in the morning (where my beloved and I served in the pre-school area), some football watching in the afternoon (along with one of those naps I was telling you about) which is always a goodthing, and then DS1's soccer game in the evening. My son's team lost (again), but he is really coming along as a "sweeper" and I am seeing him gain confidence in himself. He did have a couple of bad fouls in 'the box' (tripping, I think) - but I told him that I was glad to see him getting more 'confident' and that he was making a move on the ball. That his play (and the aim of his foot) will continue to get better as he practices and gains confidence in himself. And to top it off the Panthers won yesterday... granted it was an ugly win, by all rights they should have lost that game, but it is a win none-the-less. Next Sunday is going to be tough fight for them. I hope David Carr is alright this morning, after the sack he took in the 1st quarter, but I think Coach Fox will push Jake back to the #1 spot. *** How about that John Kasay, eh!?! His 9th game winning kick as a Panther, and I love reading his quotes in the post game interviews, "It was dancing a little bit, but by God’s grace it went in between the posts". Verse for today: Psalm 40:4-5, ESV Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie! You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.

1 comment:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

Tough game to win - still think they have a chance? I am taking your advice about your team you know.... lol