20071026

The last weekend for the Fall U-12 soccer season

Wohoo! DS1's final game of the Fall season is this weekend! I know he loves to play, and his coachessay he has a lot of talent (one being a former professional soccer player), but the 2 practices and 2 games a week have been wearing me down some. Especially in light of the "spinning plates" I have going (which I never got to finish). DS1 is already talking about the Spring season so we will then have two in soccer come Spring (DD3 really wants to play too!).

We've also gotten through the time for DS2's Horse riding (therapy for his Aspergers) - which he is really sad about. Although he gives us trouble about going, he always enjoys the time while he's there. So we are now going to enter a somewhat subdued schedule time. But there are always things to take up the slack... to continue the spiunning plates list...

5) I really need to tend to the cracking caulking in our bathrooms. We have a lovely home, but like most new houses (when we bought it) the builder used a pretty cheap grade of caulking (not to mention a whole lot of other things). As a result I need to come along behind him and redo it. I've managed to get started on this, but I really need to finish it.


6) When we first moved into our house - over three years ago - I bought a ceiling fan for our bedroom. I still haven't put it up. Now, though, it will most likely go into the playroom - once I get up in the attic to reinforce the light box to hold it.
It has become almost a comical topic, "have I told you about the fan my husband bought? It's still sitting in a box, in the basement!"
7) Date nights with my beloved. Well, to be honest these are almost non-existant. It's not from a lack of trying - well maybe I'm just not trying hard enough.
8) Maintaing my skill set for my work. This is actually a little low on the priority list, but I do really need to do something to maintain and grow in this area.
Ok - I could really add to this list for quite some time. It all comes down to priorities, and making it work. A) God, B) my beloved, C) my family, D) my work - to include the National Guard.
On a parting note... if you all would pray for my Panthers this weekend. They will really need divine intervention to pull off an upset. I respect Coach Dungy and all, but I am a Panthers fan and I will be rooting them. If the Panthers pull it off I'm sure I'll be grinning from ear to ear for some time.
Verse for today:
The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!” And the Lord said, “If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oooohhhh...you KNOW I can't pray "for" the Panthers under that circumstance! Seriously, I'll pray for a good game.

As for the soccer season...does your son play on a club team? Two games a week at that age is a lot!! But it IS such a great sport for kids.

I hope that you all have a great weekend and that you GET THAT FAN UP!!

:-) Susan