20071009

'Black & Blue' Tuesday

In the future, when I look back on what was 2007 NFL season, I may well remember this day. Yesterday afternoon it was announced that Jake Delhomme will have season ending surgery on his elbow. After reading about the pain he was experiencing, and was enduring apparently, I think this is the best for his long term career - but I am disappointed. Not that he decided to have the surgery (because I really do think it is the best thing for him), but because I was hopeful that the Panthers would be able to firm up and make a run for the NFC South this year. It is not a given that the Panthers will now fade away and end up with a better draft pick than originally thought, but it will definetly be a 'charecter defining' (i.e. hard work, blood, sweat, and maybe very little reward for the effort) experience from here on out. David Carr showed some real grit (in my opinion) coming back into that game last Sunday against the Saints. He was in a lot of pain. But I am worried about him as well. The kind of injury that he seemed to have sustained is not only career threatening, but possibly 'quality of life' threatening as well. I am praying that the coaches, doctors, and players involved really take a good look before pressing him back in to play too soon. I would rather see the undrafted rookie free agent (Matt Moore) play and fail, then for something really serious happen to David Carr (or any other player for that matter). It will be interesting to see how the 'charecter' of this team develops over the next twleve weeks - and hopefully longer. I am interested in seeing how players like John Kasay, Steve Smith, Julius Peppers step up and lead this team from within, and more importantly - display their faith for others to see.



Verse for today:
Exodus 4:10-12, ESV
But Moses said to the Lord, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.” Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.”

1 comment:

GUNNY said...

Losing their QB was a HUGE blow and a shame to end the season like that.