20060901

Is it Friday yet?

Oh yea, it is. :) Well today caps a what felt like a very long week. It probably has more to do with trying to stay up and watch Andre Agasi's last U.S. Open. Last nights match was a good one to watch. I had to keep getting up and move around because I was so nervous. I don't want Agasi's ride to end without him going out a winner. And yet the realist in me knows that he will probably not make it to the finals. 6-4, 6-4, 3-6, 5-7, 7-5 was the final score of this match. When I first met my beloved I was like "Tennis! Why would I ever want to watch tennis!" Well, after a few weekends at her parents house during some of the 'grand-slam' events got me hooked. Especially the matches between Andre Agasi and Pete Sampras. Agasi is the most memorable to me. Sampras would shoot a shot across the court and Agasi would seem to have to leap to even get his rachet on it, and it would shoot back across the net and land in some corner that Sampras just could not reach. Epic tie breaker, 5 setters between these two. Since I first got hooked Sampras and Agasi have aged (me along with them) and soon both will be gone from the competitive side of things, but they have formed a desire to see other players play and thus it goes on. James Blake is looking good, Roddick may be bouncing back now that Jimmy Conners is his coach. And then there are the likes of Federer, Nadal, and Baghdatis from other countries look really good. I am not really sure how, but marriage changes people. Before I was married I did not like Tennis, wine, or sappy 'girlie-movies'. But now I love to curl up on the couch and sip one glass of a nice wine (preferably red) and watch a good tennis match or some sappy love story (with a happy ending!) with my beloved. Don't get me wrong - there is still the side of me that wants to watch a good football game (preferably the Panthers - who won another meaningless game last night) or be outside chopping wood, but when I can relax... it's a whole new ball game. :) Updates: None Verse for today: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, esv For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace. Oh Lord I need your help to see the times for each thing in my life. To put it in a place of 'balance' that always keeps You at the center. Have me see what You would have first. When to move forward and when to sit still. I ask this in You name Lord Jesus. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can watch tennis a little, any ingestion of beverage with alcohol is a no no, (past problems with the stuff) and I've watched a few chick flicks with the Wife, but not very many. And usually only under duress. But you know if we all enjoyed the same things we would sure live in a boring world.

I got started on the new story but haven't got to finish it yet. Keep writing!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a great weekend........

Sage said...

even tho I don't always comment... you always help.