20060922

The Panthers and the Buccaneers

Did you know that the Black Panther is actually a Jaguar!? That is you look closely at the cat's fur you will the markings of a Jaguar! Well, there are also Black Puma's and Black Leopards. It's facinating to see how these three species of cats are all so similar. I included the link to the Wikpedia site for more information. I am rambling about this topic today because I had not known that the term 'Panther' and 'Jaguar' could be used to refer to the same cat. It just makes me even more of a Carolina Panther fan, but it also gives me some sympathy towards their fellow expansion team the Jacksonville Jaguars. Maybe it's because they put a hurt on the defending Super Bowl Champions last Monday night. ;) Well, I wil still root for the Colts this weekend! This weekend the Panthers fly to Tampa Bay to take on the Buccaneers! The cats have a 6-5 overall record against this team, with a 3-2 at the Bucs place. Neither team has started the season well and are both 0-2. With what I am reading about the Bucs troubles on offense and defense - and how the Panthers defense performed overall last week, coupled with the likelyhood of Steve Smith's return - I am liking the Panthers chances at coming away with their first win of the season. However, in this divisional rivalry anything can happen. As a Panthers fan I am rooting for the New Orleans Saints this weekend. I want Atlanta to crumble. If the Panthers don't take the division this year (and they are currently on the outside looking in) I would prefer that any other team get it than the Falcons. And a part of that is a shame - because I have heard some good things about the Christians on that team. I think my animosity goes back to when Dieon Sanders was on that team. His ego just got on my nerves, and the past few seasons it has been Micheal Vick this and Michael Vick that. Now to give Mr. Vick his due... most of the hype is from the likes of ESPN. I have not heard all that much from the man himself. And you cannot deny that when he is in the groove he does extremely well. People critisize him for not being a typical QB, but that is not his strength. I think he does well, when he can mix it up. Not that I am happy when he does against Carolina or anything. TO be fair, the Falcons have a good team. I jsut don't want them to win the division - again. Updates: none Verse for today: Psalm 106:105, esv Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! Who can utter the mighty deeds of the Lord, or declare all his praise? Blessed are they who observe justice, who do righteousness at all times! Remember me, O Lord, when you show favor to your people; help me when you save them, [1] that I may look upon the prosperity of your chosen ones, that I may rejoice in the gladness of your nation, that I may glory with your inheritance.

No comments: