20060919

Life goes on

Well, this week has been marked by one thing after another jsut beating me down. I am not going to go into it here, but it has just been hard. With things going rough, and work being busy I will just ramble about football. Man the Panthers botched it this weekend. Two gimmick plays pretty much called the game. One for, and one against the Panthers. For those who are football fans that actually stop by here you will probably already know what I am talking about. One a kick off return the panthers tried to get fancy and perform a lateral - where a player who is getting tackled is allowed to 'toss' the ball lateraly (or lsightly backwards) to another player so they can continue to advance the football - but it was botched. The ball fell short and the Vikings scooped it up. The Panthers Defense did well and held the Vikings to what would appear to be - at most - a field goal. Then the second trick play comes about. Snap to the holder, who then stands up and tosses it into the endzone for a touchdown - for the Vikings. This tied the game up and took into overtime - where the Vikings eventually kicked a fieldgoal to win it. The point I really want to focus on is that today Coach John Fox took full blame for these mistakes. To me this is a man of honor. That even though his players failed to execute to some degree he took ultimate responsibility for the miss-steps. It was his call on the kick return. It was his call on the coverage of the fieldgoal "try". Could his players have performed better? Sure. Could they have anticipated something and adjusted? Sure. But as the head coach Coach Fox is the ultimate man in charge - and in a day and age where it is more common for someone to shoft the blame to someone else Coach Fox is a stand up man. And despite the loss, it makes me proud to be a Carolina Panthers fan when there are such examples being put forth. Updates: I have completed two more short stories, but until I know for sure if I can post them here I will hold off. I know I can share them on an individual basis so let me know if you are interested in reading them. Verse for today: Psalm 95, esv Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker! For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts, as at Meribah, as on the day at Massah in the wilderness, when your fathers put me to the test and put me to the proof, though they had seen my work. For forty years I loathed that generation and said, “They are a people who go astray in their heart, and they have not known my ways.” Therefore I swore in my wrath,“They shall not enter my rest.”

2 comments:

Susan said...

Samurai,

I'm praying that whatever is going on works itself out positively.

I'm praying for you.

And by the way, my Bucs STUNK this weekend too!!!!! I hate that.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you brother. God's in control and things will work out, whatever the problems are..........