20060925

Normally I might dance a jig

Almost anytime the Carolina Panthers win a divisional game I rejoice and maybe even dance a jig - but their victory yesterday included a fairly serious injury to Chris Simms, the QB for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I have, and will continue to, prayed for him. He showed real heart in leading his team. At one point they were down by 17, and with less than 5 minutes to play he had pulled his team into the lead. This game lends itself to real fair-weather fans and critics in regards to the play of the players and coaches. but I feel yesterday was a true measure of the man. Not his win:loss record, but his charecter in leading his team. Not much else on my mind this morning. Updates: None Verse for today: Genesis 3:8-10, esv And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?” [3] And he said, “I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked, and I hid myself.”

No comments: