20091110

Ramblings of the Tuesday nature

What a heart breaker for this Carolina Panther fan this past Sunday. I "watched" the game via NFL.com and my cell phone, while watching the games that were telecast in my area. My beloved was very accommodating in allowing me to sit and watch. It helped that i had broken one of my bog toes on Saturday while cleaning somethings out of our basement. She had heard a load "crack", i saw stars and i bit my tongue so that i would not burst forth in words i might later regret. After the initial shack wave had passed i kept on working in the yard, mowing the grass, pouring cement for the basketball hoop, and general lawn care. When i came in and took my shoes off, only then did i realize the extent of the injury. Doh! It is a nice shade of purple and red. I can walk ok as long as i shorten my stride, and DON'T bend it. Ok, back to football. I got my hopes up early when Carolina went up 14-0 over the Saints, but then reality brought me back to earth. The Panthers never got their passing game in sync and eventually the Saints shut down the running game, and the defense got tired. Drew Brees is an awesome field general and i am now officially rooting for the Saints to go all the way this season. I hope they go 15-1 (losing to the Panthers in week 17 of course), and on through the playoffs. The only. Gueax Saints! I just love the fall! I have several friends who go hunting this time of year. I've never really caught the "bug", but my mom once dated a hunter. He took me once, but it didn't stick. Part of me doesn't see the need. I currently live near six grocery stores, all less than seven miles from my front door. It's not that i don't like to go out in the woods... i actually love doing that. I also have a desire to get better at photography. (I think i am actually a little jealous of a friend who has recently started a college course on photography. I think what i would like to do, most likely not during hunting season, is go 'snapshot' hunting. Going out and hunting the animals to get their pictures. Maybe... someday. In recent years more and more "faith based" movies have been coming out. "Facing the Giants", "Fireproof", and "The Passion of the Christ" to name a few. On 20-November the movie "The Blind Side" starring Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, and Quinton Aaron is coming to theaters. My beloved and i are really looking forward to a date night to see this movie. It's not a love story, but it is - from what i can tell - a good example of how a Christian family reached out to a young man in need and made a huge difference in his life. As Christians we are all called to reach out, to evangelism if you will - and not because it might turn out like things have for Michael Oher. Matthew 25:31-40 says:
When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, [6] you did it to me.’" (ESV)
There is a woman who i consider a "blogging friend" who has recently done something similar. But we should not limit such things to just adopting. Now two Christians are alike. We each must seek out what God would have us do... something i need to work on myself. Here are two videos. the first one is the trailer for the movie. The second is a back ground piece i discovered while trying to learn more about the real life people behind the movie. May the Holy Spirit reach out to each of us. Help us to grow in reaching out. Showing us where to reach out. And giving us the courage to actually follow through.

No comments: