20080923

Tongue tied Tuesday

Very first thing... i want to say thank you to Alise for pointing out that the song i chose for Music Monday was not written by Micheal W Smith, but actually Kelly Carpenter. I made the appropriate changes - thanks Alise! \o I am actually not really very sure what to blog about (as usual), so this will be yet another rambling blog entry. I hope it is helpful to someone other than myself - if anyone else actually reads it. lol The Panthers had the wind knocked out of them on Sunday. After the Panthers managed to jump out and get a 10 point lead it was all over once Antoine Winfield came in on a cornerback blitz and level Jake Delhomme. The resulting fumble return for a TD swung the momentum so much that the Panthers never got back into the game mentally. I know Steve Smith returned and all, but it still takes time to get the team back in sync when you change an integral cog like that. Now if the wheels come off this Sunday against the Falcons, i will ramp up the ol' concern-o-meter. Last week i had to replace the family home computer. In the end, the cost to repair the three year old machine was going to be more than a new one. The headache comes in that i am having to re-install several programs, and replace the printer cable. Now one would think that such an easy fix would be taken care of fairly quickly. Not so in the samurai dojo - no! Finally i gave up searching all of the local and neighboring towns. I just went ahead and ordered a 25-pin to USB cable on-line. My deck is still in limbo. After getting the eight holes dug, changing the design because of obstacles, and getting all of the lumber ordered and delivered, i am at a stand still. It dawned on me that I am going to have make the support posts a certain height, and i know where i want the deck to be at height-wise, so i subtract the decking, the joists, and the support beams and that comes to 12.5" - oh, and the beam brackets that mount the posts to the cement footers... it ends up that I am going to have to 'un-sod' the area and perhaps even remove a layer of top soil. I can do it, it's just sort of brought my "building train" to a halt short of the station. Apparently change just throws me. lol During my recent cable quest i found a laptop that might be good for what i am looking for. It was for about $200 less than i was prepared to pay so i checked my budget and realized that i might be able to afford it in a week or two. Well, wouldn't you know, when i went back to get it they were all sold out. The salesman failed to inform me that it was on sale. :/ Such is life - lol. One thing i think i have come to realize is that God is in control and that when i find something i am looking for, i don't necessarily have to pick it upright then if i am not ready for it. I can actually wait. This is a big thing for me. With not having been to the gym since last Friday i forced myself to get up and get out there today, and i paid for it. Ever try and run with a head full of flem? You might as well put a pro-mask on and run. There's just no way to get enough oxygen in your lungs. When i run i use interval training - that is periods of running fast, and periods of running slower - well today i had to drop the slow jog in favor of just a plain ol' walk so that i could catch my breath. I guess it's better than nothing, but i am paying for it now. This morning i have been trying to cough up both of my lungs in an effort to remove the congestion from my chest. The good news is that, although the flem is trying to latch on again, my head is fairly clear. Verse for today: Proverbs 23 : 1-5, ESV When you sit down to eat with a ruler, observe carefully what [1] is before you, and put a knife to your throat if you are given to appetite. Do not desire his delicacies, for they are deceptive food. Do not toil to acquire wealth; be discerning enough to desist. When your eyes light on it, it is gone, for suddenly it sprouts wings, flying like an eagle toward heaven.

No comments: