20080911

September 11th

I am pretty confident that today's news, blog-sphere, and general water cooler commentary will be about the events that occurred seven years ago today. At least here in the United States. There are now four events in my life that i remember where i was when they occurred. This being the most recent and thus the most clear in my memory. I remember where i was, my immediate reactions, my reactions to comments made by friends, my contemplation of things afterwords, and how it affected me and my family over all. I don't want to overlay myself and my experiences on what happened. Each of us should take a moment to reflect on what did happen, and what God would have each of us do moving forward. Verse for today: 2 Timothy 1 : 3-7, ESV I thank God whom I serve, as did my ancestors, with a clear conscience, as I remember you constantly in my prayers night and day. As I remember your tears, I long to see you, that I may be filled with joy. I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

2 comments:

Amy L Buitendyk said...

Very fitting...

El-Shaddai-dad said...

Blessings of the Ages,

Verily verily ewes are beautiful. I AM Here -- come see: Learn and enjoy and lift-up Thy CUP, thy voice. Ezekiel 33-37.