20080929

Music Monday - 20080929

Wow, what a weekend. I am dragging pretty hard right now. Our church had our annual Fall retreat and a good time was had by all. It is located in such a beautiful place. This was our 5th year going, and we always seem to have a great time. On Friday i mentioned that i had found a friend through Facebook, and we've become "friends" again. LOL Anyway, i found out that he is in a Bluegrass band with other people from his church, and he has a link to a MySpace page that has a few of the songs they do together. One was...
Peace in the Valley Oh well, I’m tired and so weary But I must go alone Till the lord comes and calls, calls me away, oh yes Well the morning's so bright And the lamp is alight And the night, night is as black as the sea, oh yes There will be peace in the valley for me, some day There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray There'll be no sadness, no sorrow No trouble, trouble I see There will be peace in the valley for me, for me Well the bear will be gentle And the wolves will be tame And the lion shall lay down by the lamb, oh yes And the beasts from the wild Shall be lit by a child And I'll be changed, changed from this creature that I am, oh yes There will be peace in the valley for me, some day There will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I pray There'll be no sadness, no sorrow No trouble, trouble I see There will be peace in the valley for me, for me
I am not sure who the original author, but there do appear to be a large number of people who have enjoyed playing it over the years. :) Elvis Presley, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, and on and on. But isn't it good to know that there will be a time when we can rest and remain by those still waters. Verse for today: Psalm 23, ESV The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. [1] He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness [2] for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, [3] I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely [4] goodness and mercy [5] shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell [6] in the house of the Lord forever. [7]

1 comment:

Alise said...

According to Wiki, it was written in 1939 by Thomas Dorsey, the same man who wrote "Take My Hand, Precious Lord" (one of my favorite gospel songs). Thanks for posting this!