20080903

It was a new day yesterday, but by God it is an old day now

It is amazing how fast time seems to fly, and the older you get the faster it flies. I used to think that it was just because i had children and my life was busier, but nope! Those who have children grown and out of the house say it is just as fast, if not faster for them now! 8/ bummer After missing four consecutive days at the gym over the weekend it was really hard to force myself up and out of bed both yesterday and today. I missed Friday because of the tooth i blogged about last week, and the first day of our yard sale. That set me behind, so i planned on making sure i got to the gym on Monday. God must chuckle when we think we have things all planned out. Sunday morning my beloved woke up with some severe pain in her lower abdomen and back. "Worse than child birth", she said. 8/ Wow... fast forward to Sunday night and we are in the ER. She has a kidney stone. Ouch! So despite having a few extra hours of awake time the past few days it still feels like they are flying by - even though my tail is draggin' in the dirt so far this week. :) I did, however, make it both yesterday and today, and today is our first weigh in at my work for our very own "Biggest Loser" contest. My first weigh in was: 205.8 lbs with a BMI of 31.40. :( When i got married i weighed a mere 165lbs - so it is obviously all my beloved's fault! ;) Seriously though, i am trying to control my eating habits and portion control. Soda Pop is like liquid crack for me. Especially Dr Pepper. I am already feeling a little better just having been going to the gym for about four weeks now. When they asked me what my goals where and i told them my short term goal was to just make getting to the gym a habbit. After that we can discuss the longer term goals. I had more to write about, but it has flown away and a shiny object has taken its place. :) Before i sign off i do want to want to say that my title for today comes from a Jethro Tull song. I pray for this man (Ian Anderson) and his group. I am not sure he would like that, but I like his music and feel it is a good thing. Verse for today: Luke 9 : 57-62, ESV As they were going along the road, someone said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” 58 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” 59 To another he said, “Follow me.” But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.” 60 And Jesus [7] said to him, “Leave the dead to bury their own dead. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” 61 Yet another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but let me first say farewell to those at my home.” 62 Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”

No comments: