20080902

Music Monday - 20080902

Ok, i know it's not Monday but i wanted to get this one in this week. The parable of the "Rich Young Ruler" (Luke 18:18-30) has been playing over and over in my mind this past weekend. I know the parable does not reveal an anchor that is only money. The things we hold onto can be hobbies, or possessions, or even relationships. But God has told us that if we are faithful, if we turn from our idols (sins) and turn to Him, and call His name, he will draw us near to Him.
Call My Name Lyrics Third Day Songwriters: Anderson, Tai; Avery, Brad; Carr, David; Lee, Mark D; Powell, Mac It's been so long since You felt like you were loved So what went wrong But do you know There's a place where you belong Here in My Arms Chorus: When you feel like you're alone in your sadness It seems like no one else in this whole world cares And you want to get away from the madness You just call My name and I'll be there "Call My Name" You just call My name and I'll be there The pain inside Has erased your hope for love Soon you will find That I'll give you all That your heart could ever want And so much more Chorus: When you feel like you're alone in your sadness It seems like no one else in this whole world cares And you want to get away from the madness You just call My name and I'll be there You just call My name and I'll be there [these lyrics are found on http://www.songlyrics.com] You just call My name You just call My name Call My name say it now I want you to never doubt The love I have for you is so alive Call My name say it now I want you to never doubt The love I have for you is so alive You just call My name You just call My name You just call My name The love I have for you is so alive The love I have for you is so alive You just call My name You just call My name You just call My name © CONSUMING FIRE MUSIC
Are we really willing to leave our father and mother, brother and sister, our homes, our jobs, if God called us to? This morning i was reading in Matthew some things that really kind of caused me to wake up and pay attention (I was having a hard time dragging myself out of the warm covers this morning). If our Lord was to return today would we be willing to drop everything and respond to Him? I know we have to live our lives right where we are. We need to focus and live our lives and be prepared - but are we allowing ourselves to grow complacent? These questions are more for me today than any sort of challenge to a reader that may happen by. Verse for today: Matthew 24 : 15-28, ESV “So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let the one who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house, and let the one who is in the field not turn back to take his cloak. And alas for women who are pregnant and for those who are nursing infants in those days! Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. And if those days had not been cut short, no human being would be saved. But for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. See, I have told you beforehand. So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

No comments: