20080917

Wow, is it Wednesday already?

This week has been kind of a blur. I am still feeling the affects from this past weekend, but life doesn't slow down. :) No time to get off the Merry-go-Round to rest. Me beloved will be having out-patient surgery to have a kidney stone removed on Friday. This is a great thing, but it complicates other things. The complications are in that my brother is coming through town over the weekend and will be staying with us, and I was hoping to go and catch up with what I hope to be recurring breakfasts with some of my fellow retired Guardsmen. But, and more importantly, it is a great thing because my beloved is in so much pain. When a woman who has delivered all three children without a scalpel tells me that it is worse than childbirth - she has my attention. She has been dealing with this little rock for over two weeks now and has been a trooper. Always wanting to do more, always regretting when she cannot. My motivations for making sure she gets this thing taken out are purely selfish. The meds she has been taking make her highly irritable and to my discredit I have not been as understanding as I should. I have been picking up some of the load to help, but my attitude needs some work. I need to cut this short today... may God's perfect peace and grace meet each of you where you are today. Oh - P.S. - if any of you know how I can allocate a wider space for my sidebar (seen right), please drop me a note or post a comment. Thank you in advance. Verse for today: Proverbs 17 : 5, ESV Whoever mocks the poor insults his Maker; he who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you'd like to e-mail me the html code behind your blog, i'd be happy to take a look at it when i have a second and see if i can widen that sidebar for you. :)

eschankweiler@gmail.com