20080918

Thedaysjustallblendtogether

Fall is still my favorite time of the year, but when the kids get back to school my life speeds up so much that i don't really get much time to enjoy it. :( At least it feels that way. Don't get me wrong. Summers are pretty busy with family things and all. We go on the family vacations, we get a chance to catch up with friends, but once the school bell rings things just take off. DD3 has music and soccer. DS2 has horse therapy, social skills, autism support group (more for my beloved and i), as well as dealing with the various issues that come up. DS1, well he is almost a teenager. Thankfully he decided to not do any extra curricular activities, but he still takes some time - as all children do (and should). Like Calvin (from cartoon fame) once said, "the days are just packed". LOL. I don't know how single parents do it. Even with my beloved being "under the weather" these past two weeks, she has still contributed some, a lot more than it should be expected i think, and i am getting worn just trying to keep up with the little bit extra. Thankfully she will be back in the game a little bit more after tomorrow. Not at full capacity right away, but she will definitely be on the road back (i hope, and pray). Speaking of which, i will not be blogging tomorrow as i will be with my beloved all day so here is my nod towards football. Last week the Panthers had another great game! Of course it was 'great' because they won. ;) The defense made a late stand and stopped the Bears on a key 4th down at midfield. This week they travel to take on the Vikings (my best friend from High School's favorite team) and they will have their hands full. I know Steve Smith will be coming back, and I know the Vikes have been struggling, but I can't help be cautiously optimistic. The Vikings have benched their QB and have decided to go with Gus Frerotte. This is a QB that has done some good things coming off the bench in his past. He was a starter at one point in his career. He is also a QB that the Panthers will have limited game film on. Still, my fantasty team will hopefully get a boost with good ol' #89 back on the field. I hope you all experience the wonders of God's amazing grace this weekend. Verse for today: Psalm 86 : 8-13, ESV There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours. All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name. For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God. Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever. For great is your steadfast love toward me; you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I am so there for you. I feel like we just hit the ground running and it's perpetual motion sometimes. I hope your wife is feeling better. I feel like I am finally breathing after several weeks of just running, running, running!

Blessings,

Susan