20080812

Freaking out and getting over it

As a Christian I know that the only thing I need to fear is God, and yet right now I am filled with dread. Why? Because I am applying for a new job. It is a job I have wanted for four years now but has finally just come available. I have the head knowledge of not needing to fear this, but my head and body are reacting totally contradictory to how I am supposed to. I have had a hard time just getting out of my own way, but I am now 90% done in getting the application together. The only problem is that it HAS to be in today. *sigh* Why do I do this to myself? My apologies for not having a "Music Monday" post this week. My beloved has come down with the 24 hour "Mongolian Death Flu" - or something like that. :) I am also fighting the affects from it, but I stayed home yesterday to help her, and me. Phase 1 of my deck project is complete! \o/ I originally asked just three guys to come over and help me dig the eight post holes (it will be a free standing deck) on Saturday. I thought I would be done by 5PM... silly man. In the end I did not finish, with the awesome amount of help from no less than five other guys! One guy dug the hardest one, with nothing but a post-hole digging tool - all by himself! The inspection was this morning and was approved for me to move forward. Anyone with stock in Lowe's or Home Depot, I think I will be helping increase share holder value pretty soon. LOL Ok, I need to get back and finish up that job application. God bless... Verse for today: Proverbs 12 : 1-5, ESV Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid. A good man obtains favor from the Lord, but a man of evil devices he condemns. No one is established by wickedness, but the root of the righteous will never be moved. An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones. The thoughts of the righteous are just; the counsels of the wicked are deceitful.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Press on! I'm sure you'll be rewarded for it. Praying for this for you.

Susan

Amy L Buitendyk said...

Praying about this job - if it is His will - His will - will be done...

Glad to hear about the deck! I am really happy you asked for help!

Praying!