20080818

Music Monday - 20080818

I didn't have a song in mind when I dragged my tired body out of bed this morning. My blog entry was the last thing on my mind as I didn't get to sleep until after midnight, woke up around 4:30 and didn't get back to sleep until after 5:00, and then - totally by God's grace - I woke up at 6:00 right on the button. Both of my alarms were muted, so if God has not woke me up I would probably still be asleep. ;-) What really prompted this song to strike me so was the fact that when I woke up at 4:30 it was because of a dream that I had. Even now that dream is fading from my memory, but I remember it really disturbed me. I do know it was along the lines of things of my past catching up with me.
You Reign Mercy Me Even before there was a drop in the ocean Even before there was a star in the sky Even before the world was put in motion You were on Your throne You were on Your throne You reign Glory in the highest You reign Let creation testify By Your name Every knee will bow And every tongue proclaim That Jesus Reigns Even before Your hand made the heavens Even before the breath of all mankind Even before we had to be forgiven You were on Your throne You were on Your throne Chorus Yesterday, today and forever You are God who was, and is and is to come Written by MercyMe and Steven Curtis Chapman © 2007 Simpleville Music / Wet As A Fish Music / ASCAP (admin. by Simpleville Music, Inc.) Sparrow Song / Peach Hill Songs / BMI (administration by EMI-CMG Publishing) All rights reserved.
This song actually followed along with a theme that God has been using in my life lately. That is my works have no direct impact on my life. Sure, things like when I pay a bill late I am charged a late fee, or if I open a door for some one who is disabled I will feel better about myself - but it does not determine, not just my standing before God but, my standing within society as a whole. It is God who places favor in my life, it is He who has provided my career and job placement. Even when I am not a good steward it is His hand who sustains me, and that no matter what state I find myself (but especially while I am experiencing prosperity) I need to acknowledge and praise Him. What an awesome God i serve. I am filled with wonder and amazement. I am dumbfounded that He would select me, reach down and touch me, reach down and bless me. That He cares for me. There was nothing good... there was nothing that would draw me out from the crowd. I am no one, or anything, special, and yet He has chosen to reach down and speak to my mind and my heart. Praise be to God in the highest. \o/ Verse for today: Philippians 2 : 5-11, ESV Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, [1] who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, [2] being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

2 comments:

PJ said...

It's an awesome revelation, isn't it? The fact that God is so much bigger than our ideas of production and success. It really boils down to His Grace, His Reign. I needed reminding of that today. Thanks.

Amy L Buitendyk said...

It is nice to have that reminder. I need to remember to be more thankful during good and bad times. He has always been there and He always will. Nice to know He picked us...