20080808

Football and/or Fallout Fridays

Fridays are often hard for me to blog. For one thing, I am starting to run out of ideas on what to blog about, for another there is the 'pressure' of wanting to have something relevant to last for three days. ;) So, for a short while anyway, I have come up with an idea of a recurring theme. For some they will say "blah", others "who cares", but in the end I blog to ramble on for myself as a means to sort out my thoughts... so bare with me oh faithful reader(s). According to the Countdown clock I've set up on Facebook, there is only 30 more days until opening day of the 2008 NFL season! I know there is a game or something on Thursday the 4th, but those don't count because the Panthers don't play in them. ;-) The Panthers open their season in San Diego - what an awesome place to start! The weather will be great, and the excitement will be high. I am hearing good things about Beason, and Stewart, Delhomme looks like his arm has recovered nicely, and the receiving corps looks to be much improved. All of this looks great from the cheap seats, but only a regular season game will tell how things are really looking. I must say that I am disappointed with Steve Smith though. I don't know the whole story so I will not say much more about that whole thing, but I do want to comment on one thing though. It took a man to come back and own up like he did. He stood before his teammates, the media, and his fans and took responsibility for his actions. He did not try and make an excuse, he did not try and shift the blame. He said what he did was wrong and he said it was his fault. Those are the actions of a man. Slightly further away (at about 59 days) is the scheduled release of Fallout 3. I am not really sure what would be new enough to write about. I am liking what I am reading about how Bethesda Softworks has gone about doing the game tutorial. Older players (such as myself) need that extra help as we do not always play these modern games as much. I never really mastered the Pong controls, let alone the one time I actually tried Halo. LOL I am not really sure what I am all hyped up about. I enjoy video and role playing type games, but it's not like I am going to have oddles of time to spend playing it. If what all of the reviews are true (most of which can be read through this BLOG), I could spend a hundred hours playing this game and might not finish it. I like that if only because it will probably take me over a year to finish the game once. Anyway, if/when I actually get to play I might just use this time to update how well I am (not) doing. This morning I forced myself up out of bed at 6:00 to head out to the gym, even though I do not have my evaluation fully complete yet. I am the type of guy that needs to set up a routine, and then follow it. When I was asked what my immediate goals, and how many days a week I wanted to work out where I said my most immediate goal was to make this a habit. Weight loss and all that aside, if I don't change how I do 'life' then the other goals will not be very long lived. As for the number of days - five. If I only do three days a week all it will take is a bad morning where I tell myself I can sleep in today because I can just get up tomorrow, will soon become two days, which will eventually become one... and then eventually become none. I have to make it a part of my daily work routine. If I go to work, I go to the gym. That is my plan. Verse for today: 1 Corinthians 10 : 25-31, ESV Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience. For “the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof.” If one of the unbelievers invites you to dinner and you are disposed to go, eat whatever is set before you without raising any question on the ground of conscience. But if someone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, for the sake of the one who informed you, and for the sake of conscience— I do not mean your conscience, but his. For why should my liberty be determined by someone else's conscience? If I partake with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of that for which I give thanks? So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Well...you know I love Football talk...even if it IS about your Panthers! Actually our Bucs were quite distracted this week due to the Brett Farve mess. I'm glad he didn't come here, but it made practice a little tense.

Have a great Sunday!

:-) Susan