20080826

Ever have a song running through your head...

...that just won't go away? It plays over and over and over again? LOL - i am there today. Last night my beloved was watching the opening ceremonies for the US Open and the song in question came on and it has been playing over and over in my head since then! This is not a bad thing as i LOVE this song. The problem? For the life of me i cannot remember the title to this song! That is the part that is driving me crazy. The melody is what is playing over and over with the whispers of the lyrics. How do you look something up on the internet when you have no "written word" to use as a parameter? This is all i know... It is a tempo piece, usually used to give the feeling of tension/conflict. The vocals are sort of an operatic. I have heard it used as background pieces in various sporting events like the US Open and even a movie or two, but rarely something like Football. Da da da da; da da da da; da da da da... da... da da - you see my dilemma? LOL If anyone happens to think of a possiblity PLEASE send it my way! I am willing to explore most options. Anyway... Ok citizens, go on about your business. There is nothing more to be seen here. The US Open started yesterday which means i am a tennis widower once more. I enjoy tennis. My beloved has really gotten me hooked, but I can still let it go until the highlights if it means I need to get some sleep. Same with Football - unless the Panthers are playing. Last night DD3 wanted me to take the training wheels off of her bike. It didn't last very long as we were going down the sidewalk but she couldn't quite get her balance. She never fell, but she got nervous enough for me to put them back on. Also last night was the "meet and greet" and DS2's school (my Aspie). He has been a little nervous for a little over a week now. He does not like change, and heading back to school is definitely change. We usually have a rough September before he settles into his routine. But we did get a good piece of news from last year. He scored "above mastery" in all areas of his proficiency tests. \o/ (proud papa). As I was stumbling through the house this morning (i really didn't want to get up) on my way out to the gym, DS1 was up and starting his day. He has never been very hard to get up, sort of a self starter when he sets his mind to it. Ok, I have totally lost my train of thought. LOL I hope that this finds each of you enjoying God's grace today. Verse for today: Psalm 127 : 1-2, ESV Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.

1 comment:

Alise said...

Sounds like you're describing Orff's O Fortuna to Carmina Burana. Absolutely spectacular and beautiful opera. I know it's opera, but I would strongly recommend picking up a copy of this and listening to the whole thing, as it's really just a fantastic work. Here you can hear all of O Fortuna: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYtVGQ6NSAs&feature=related But seriously, check out the whole opera if you get a chance. It's opera for those who don't like opera. (BTW, the part you're describing starts around 2:20 or so.)