20080501

Wow, the time is really flying by.

Is it really May 1st? Wow...

The past two days I started an entry, but then life sort of intervened. And today is not looking much better either.

Only one more day until Iron Man! I am so looking forward to this movie. Actually May is looking to be a busy movie for me and my family. Iron Man, Speed Racer, Indiana Jones, Narnia are all movies that we want to see. Then, later this year, I know I want to see Hulk, Batman, and Wall-E. I think I will just go get that second mortgage on the house so we can afford it. :) (kidding folks)

Only five more evenings of my beloved working. Even though I am going to be relieved when this season is over, I know my beloved will also be very happy. We are talking about getting her art supplies, especially painting, built back up (it's been almost twenty years since she was serious) and perhaps doing the local starving artist thing.

Looking at the calender, another week closer to being totally out of the Guard. I have one more AT (Annual Training) left, but I will get to end my career with some enjoyable things. My last full weekend will be at a 'salute' where we get to perform synchronized shots (with blanks) to an orchestra performing the 1812 Overture. Then, my final act in uniform will be at a formal dining in. Life is good.

Well, it has taken me almost 90 minutes to get this little bit in for today. I hope you all have a blessed day.
Verse for today:
Psalm 1, ESV
Blessed is the man [1]
who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law [2] of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree
planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
The wicked are not so,
but are like chaff that the wind drives away.

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
for the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
but the way of the wicked will perish.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Starving artist sounds so romantic on paper...less so in real life...but there's a time for all things. Blessings on whatever endeavor she choses. And congratulations on finishing with the Guard. That, indeed, in an honorable service. God bless you both.

samurai said...

Well, it was only an image because I will still be working. ;) But it will give her a chance to paint and feel like she is doing something she really enjoys.

Alise said...

I'm pretty excited about the summer blockbusters this year. Wall-E & Narnia especially, though the reviews at rotten tomatoes for IronMan are VERY strong!