20080505

Music Monday - 20080505

Ok... this was a weekend from... well, that would be an exaggeration. Nothing on Earth can actually match that kind of pain and 'gnashing of teeth', but it was not enjoyable. I heard this song while cutting my lawn over the weekend...




The Look
By John Newton (original lyrics), Bob Kauflin (alternate and new lyrics and Music)
© 2001 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

I saw one hanging on a tree
In agony and blood
Who fixed His loving eyes on me
As near His cross I stood
And never till my dying breath
Will I forget that look
It seemed to charge me with His death
Though not a word He spoke

My conscience felt and owned the guilt
And plunged me in despair
I saw my sins His blood had spilt
And helped to nail Him there
But with a second look He said
“I freely all forgive
This blood is for your ransom paid
I died that you might live”

Forever etched upon my mind
Is the look of Him who died
The Lamb I crucified
And now my life will sing the praise
Of pure atoning grace
That looked on me and gladly took my place

Thus while His death my sin displays
For all the world to view
Such is the mystery of grace
It seals my pardon too
With pleasing grief and mournful joy
My spirit now is filled
That I should such a life destroy
Yet live by Him I killed

From the Songs for the Cross-Centered Life album

Listen here




There are times in life when it feels like you just can't please anybody, but you muddle along doing the best you can. At least try and take care of the things you think are important. But sometimes even that is not enough. I cannot count how many times I feel like I let my Savior down. And yet His grace is perfect, it is complete, and from the cross He saw every one of my failures, even my failures to follow Him, and yet His cry "It is finished" states how complete His sacrifice is.
Verse for today:
Proverbs 5 : 15-19a, ESV
Drink water from your own cistern,
flowing water from your own well.
Should your springs be scattered abroad,
streams of water in the streets?
Let them be for yourself alone,
and not for strangers with you.
Let your fountain be blessed,
and rejoice in the wife of your youth,
a lovely deer, a graceful doe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is such a beautiful song. thanks!