20080507

Warning - interesting times up ahead

How does that old Chinese curse go, "May you live in interesting times"? Well, I think America is getting payback for all that work that was done in the 1800's, early 1900's in getting the railroads up and running.

To be up front I consider myself a Conservative, but after taking a couple of those online test things I found out I am really a Centrist. What ever that means now a days. The first election I ever voted in was for Reagan's second term. I have traditionally voted for his party (I dare not spell it out for fear of ending up on some mailing list), but I REFUSE to vote "straight ticket".

The up coming election in the United States is a pivotal race, and to be honest no one candidate has sold me. Although one has me concerned with some past issues, and I am not going to go into specifics here. For me I feel that everyone needs to know what is important, and how each candidate stands for. They need to make EDUCATED choices and not just punch a ticket because their political party is on the ticket.

But I feel the same way about anything you believe in. Don't just swallow the pill because it is offered. Pick up the pill, ask questions about the pill. And not just superficial ones, ask secondary, and deeper questions. Find out the why the first answers are true, and same for even the secondary ones.

There is only one just ruler, and that is God. And no matter how much we disagree with our leaders, both present and past, we must acknowledge that it was God who allowed that person to rule. For whatever reason, it had a purpose. No matter what, the world will continue to suffer under the influence of sin. And that will not end until Jesus returns.
Verse for today:
Revelation 6 : 1-4, ESV
Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.

When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword.

No comments: