20080521

Where do we go from here?

Wednesday is for rambling I guess. My mind is pretty cluttered right now. I laugh at, but I am also frustrated by, a "piece of flair" over on Facebook. There is one button that reads, "I'm not random, I just have many tho... Oh Squirell!!". I really need to get tested... maybe do something about it. Another button reads, "I know I came in to this room for a reason!" I feel like that a lot. Even when I am praying I will find that I have "wandered" off in some bizarre, often unrelated, thought. And I hate it. I know that when someone is talking to me, there had better not be some thing going on over their shoulder. It's gotten to the point where when I go out to eat with my beloved I ask to be seated with my back to the room.

I have been working on a story line in my head for about a month now. I'm really excited about it, but I am getting nervous that it will fall by the wayside and I won't get back to it. I still have to finish up the one "commissioned" (unpaid) short story that I started about the same time. This guy is counting on me to get it done and I am dragging my feet. At last count, I have four on-going character threads - all based in the "Necromunda" universe. I don't know why they are all based there. It's probably because I have so much material available to help me know what this fictitious place is like, and I am not able to come up with (and keep track of) such background. This new story idea is also bringing back a character that I used to write about two years ago... so I guess that makes five, and a sixth. Oh well...

I found out today (through yet another Facebook application) that they are remaking the Highlander movie. Now, I have never heard of this webpage before today, and I am not sure how reliable their sources are, but I am interested enough to see if this actually does come to be. I am at a different place spiritually, philosophically, morally, and personally from when the first movie was released... but it is science fiction and thus it has at least some of my interest.

Dan Morgan, formally of the Carolina Panthers, announced his retirement from professional football Monday night. The Panthers had released him earlier this year because of his on going health concerns... and not just from "what can he do for us lately", but for an honest concern for his overall well being. I am glad that he looked around his home and realized and how good he had it and decided to hang up his cleats before something much more serious happened to him.

Ok, before this begins to look like Gunny's, "Sounds like somebody got a case of the Mondays", I will wrap this up with a final tangent. With my up coming retirement from the National Guard, I have been looking into ways I can replace the lost income. Especially because my beloved does not want to go back to work (she has her hands full enough with children's ministry, family life ministry, and being a full time advocate for not just my son but all special needs children in our local schools), and I want to enable her to do that. My little candy store is just not going to cover the loss in income. I have two or three side business ideas floating around in my head, as well as perhaps seeking out a shift change at my work. God has been very gracious to us, but I do not want to just sit on the roof waiting for God to perform a miracle if He's already sending rescuers by other means.
Verse for today:
James 3 : 1-12, ESV
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness. For we all stumble in many ways. And if anyone does not stumble in what he says, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle his whole body. If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well. Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things.

How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, [1] and set on fire by hell. [2] For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, [3] these things ought not to be so. Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water.

No comments: