20070731

A family outing

Two 'funny' - not typical - family outings to amuse... Last night my beloved and I had our Chiropractor appointments. Our doctor has these really nice recliner type chairs that massage up and down the back - with heat! (Man! If only I could get the insurance company to pay for one of those!) Afterwards, my routine differs from my beloved's. I am placed on a "rack" wearing some ankle brackets that have a 'reverse hook' on them. I then step up on a foot rest and move the table into a horizontal position. From there I then put the table into a steep incline with my feet up in the air. It sounds wierd, but does it ever feel nice! I also then do some 'half' push ups. This is the "McKenzie Method" of working the back into proper alignment, and it does not work for everybody, but it sure is a nice alternative to more invasive methods (when they are not needed). Then there are some alignments that take place for my back and neck. I mean, I feel like a whole new man. And the kids had some great questions. "Daddy, why are you putting those boots on?" LOL Then this morning, in preperation for upcoming vacations to Busch Gardens and Disney World (No, not at the same time) I had to get all new military ID cards for me and the family. It's an experience to work through a military process with my family who, for all intents and purposes, are really not much more than civilians. After all, I am only a part time soldier. "How much longer? was an oft asked question. But in the end, the kids were all very pleased to have their very own ID card. :) A side, and unrelated, note: While I was running this morning I was listening to a recent sermon from one of my old Pastors, Kenneth Maresco. It is titled, "The Pursuit and Practice of Fellowship", and is based off of 1 John 1:5-7. Now, my HTML, or blogging skills, are not really all that great, but I would encourage any one who may stumble upon this little blog of mine, to click on the link here: Kenneth's Sermon on Fellowship. The sermon was dated 06.24.2007. I would have preferred to do something like I've seen in other blogs where the audio/video would be accessable directly from here... but I have not learned how to do that yet... I am going to be re-listening to this sermon myself, as well as requesting some of the hand out material. It really spoke to me and where I find myself currently. Verse for today: 1 John 1:5-10, ESV This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I am going to check out that sermon. My Mom works at Busch Gardens at the ticket booths. Perhaps you'll see her.

:-) Susan