20070719

On the road to recovery - maybe...

Yesterday was a crazy busy day. When I left work I had to take DS#2 to his riding therapy. When that was done I set up the charcoal grill and rotated the tires on the van - the very activity that wrenched my back out a few months back, then I went to a friends house to help him move a small stand-up type piano. The good news is that ny back did not go out on me. Maybe it's because I was extra careful, but I'd like to think that it is also a little stronger. One thing that is occuring is the muscles in my back are pretty tight. I wish I knew how to stretch those muscles and not movce my spine in a way that is... not helpful. My mind is thinking about how we also struggle with issues in our spiritual lives that are similar. How do we deal with sin iin our lives, both past and present and yet we cannot seem to get past our relucatance to either accept or move past. I include myself in that statement. Verse for today: Romans 6:1-4, ESV What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yep...we get ourselves "Spiritually Wrenched" and it hurts. We have to exercise that muscle too, don't we?

Thanks for all of your well-wishes while we've been away. I'm checking in on my one day home prior to leaving again...

Blessings!!

:-) Susan