20070723

Pounding stone with bare hands

Have you ever tried to tear down a stone wall with you bare hands? Either figuratively, or literally. Hands get raw, bloodied even. Muscles grow tired and ache, and - if you are not careful - bones can get broken. There are things that are going on in my life that I am just tired of beating myself up on the stonewall in front of me. I've decided to just stop fighting it and allow myself to rest. I am praying that God would work either a change in the situation, a change in me, or to show me that I need to just move in a new direction. Verse for today: Job 9:27-32, ESV If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint,I will put off my sad face, and be of good cheer, I become afraid of all my suffering, for I know you will not hold me innocent. I shall be condemned; why then do I labor in vain? If I wash myself with snow and cleanse my hands with lye, yet you will plunge me into a pit, and my own clothes will abhor me. For he is not a man, as I am, that I might answer him, that we should come to trial together.

No comments: