20070305

System reset

Every once in a while the human body just needs to 'reset'. That happened to me last Thursday. My digestive tract decided that it was not happy with me and wanted to basically start from scratch - so it purged the 'system' from one end to the other. I was OK, no fever (that I could tell) - and the family and I had a similar diet Wednesday so I am not sure if what something I ate or not. Anyway, that's enough about that! :) Inspired by a blog I read frequently (2nd Cup of Coffee) I decided to track some fitness stuff. Right now I don't have any goals in mind (other than I'd like to lose about 20 pounds). She sort of tracks how many miles she's walked (or is it run?). This is what I will be tracking: How many miles: (1.68 today) How many calories: 280 (today) How much I weigh: *** (you think I'd post that for the world to see! :lol:) How many push-ups: 15 (today) How many sit-ups: 16 (today) Nothins stellar there to report. I'm pretty sure there's not a fitness magazine that will be breaking down my door to write an article or anything... but like it is said... the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. I think I will try and come up with objectives and then track my progress against it. But I don't want to shoot myself in the foot. The first objective is consistancy. Well, I have a ton of work to catch up on. God bless.... Verse for today: Psalm 21:1-2, ESV O Lord, in your strength the king rejoices,and in your salvation how greatly he exults! You have given him his heart's desireand have not withheld the request of his lips. Selah

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hope you're feeling better now. It's no fun to be sick. I wish you the best on your exercise journey...I need to do the same thing!!!

Have a great week. I posted an answer to your test question in my Thursday Thirteen last week.

:-) Susan

samurai said...

Thanks! :) I will have to check it out. Normally when I get back on-line after being away (even for a couple of days) I don't try and catch up on it all...

I will check it out.