20070228

A tale of two dreams

Not sure why but I felt led to share a pair of dreams I've had. Almost fourteen months apart. The first one I had in October/November of 2005. I had recently received word of a possible deployment for my unit. The dream begins with me standing on 'any-street-USA'. Some kind of alarm sounds throughout - sort of like air raid sirens. For a while I am working desperately to get to "the station". Long story short... I arrive at the station ready to respond to the call (full equipment, etc.) but the station is empty. I arrived just as the trucks were pulling out and I watched them leave. I remember standing around thinking "no what". In time I ended up not getting deployed. Last week while it was still uncertain about my future with the Guard I had a different dream. It was a much darker background than the first, but I was gearing up for war. Body armor, weapon, other equipment. But not like you'd see on CNN. It was more like the kind you see in a computer game. I remember the distinct impression that I was some sort of Isreali special operations soldier (no offense to those who really do that - be they Isreali, Muslim, or American). Now, in my younger days I would have said "HOOAAH"!, but in my middle age I am saying something more along the lines of, Hmm... :) Both of them have been tumbling in my mind over the past 48 to 72 hours. After the first call up came and went without me I thought that the dream was showing me that. I had no idea about the second dream. I thought it was just a testosterone induced deal. But the past few days they feel like they are related some how. Especially in light of my not being invited to a dance for the second time in the past eighteen months. I am not sure what the future holds... and my dreams are not necessarily prophetic, but I know God has shown me things in and through them before. Exciting times... Verse for today: 2 Timothy 1:3-7, ESV I thank God whom I serve, as did my ancestors, with a clear conscience, as I remember you constantly in my prayers night and day. As I remember your tears, I long to see you, that I may be filled with joy. I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I definitely believe God can (and does) speak through dreams. These may be nothing...or they may become clear to you. I'm praying either way, you are blessed.

:-) Susan