20070223

Sticky fingers

Actually they are inky. I had to get my fingerprints taken today. It was the old ink block and paper card method. I don't mind, and it's not the first time. It just leaves that ink on your fingers for a little while. Nothing to worry about, it's a part of the job so... I have reserve duty this weekend and I hope to learn more about my future - but I doubt I will know anything for certain for another two to four weeks. I've had some good short stories (IMO) come out over the past couple weeks (posted on my 'Yarns' page). I've been having a lot of fun writing an on-going tale. The mian charecter is based off of the wargame I like to play. The game itself has a role-playing aspect in that as the games go on recurring injuries can impede each member of the team you play, as well as they can get improvements in abilities and skills. I've had fun because I like to write and I do not get to play the game all that often, so what I've been doing is taking notes of the games I do get to play and then incorporating them into the stories. Out of 3 or 4 games that I've been able to get in since last October I have been able to write about 12,000 words lumped into 13 chapters, and I have another 2 or 3 chapters (averaging about 1,200 words each) still waiting to be written - at least. There is currently no end point in mind. There is no arch-enemy to face. It is just an attempt to have fun writing and sort of document the life of a fictional charecter. With some 'spare time' coming up who knows what will happen. :) Verse for today: Jeremiah 23:23-24, ESV Am I a God at hand, declares the Lord, and not a God far away? Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the Lord.

1 comment:

Susan said...

And may God grant you peace and clarity as you face the road ahead of you...

You have a great weekend, too.

:-) susan