20070209

Generally sillyness

Well, I am not sure what to write about.. and my mind seems slightly mushy as I've not been getting great sleep all week... and work has been unusually chaotic lately. :) I have been making some progress on the latest chapter for my short story charecter, I've ordered a subscription to Green Arrow, and I've scheduled - then unscheduled - a date with my beloved for Valentine's day. I need to make time to get away with her. I need to do this for two reasons, and probably for two seperate occasion. 1) It's Valentine's Day. I want to get alone time with her. Have a chance to spend with just her. To wine and dine... to seduce and show my affection. To show her that she is still the light in my eyes and the spring in my step. To give here one-on-one, undistracted, face time. 2) I really want to get that 'homework' completed. I need to sit down with her, review the material, and just let her know where I am at and where this is going for now. I am not talking a trip to Mt. Everest (or even Rushmore), just a jaunt up South Mountain. If God has the journey go farther - then He will prepare us. But for now the journey is only a few short steps. And not even major ones at that. I don't want to combine these two. Not to say that they are mutually exclusive - the opposite in fact - but that neither one can be adequetly covered toghether IMO. Well, back off more sillyness. A co-worker just sent me a short video. Apparently a couple could not figure out why their water bill was so high every month... until one day the husband was home sick from work. In the span of about 3 minutes their cat flushed the toilet no less than 10 times! Hillarious. :) Verse for today: Hebrews 10:35-39, ESV Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. For, “Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.” But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hoping you two are able to make time away for both of these purposes.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

samurai said...

I was able to get a day scheduled... but with some inclement weather coming... that may get nixed.