20070226

Ever see a HumVee ski?

Yesterday my unit sent me out on an "AWOL recovery". Not really sure how but it boiled down to a miscommunication between the recruiter, the soldier, and my unit. I'm not really writing about that, it's just the background. :) Anyway, there was a lot of snow coming down pretty fast. The Hummers the military drive are a lot different than the ones they sell to the civilians. For one thing the tires. I had the truck in "high lock" (4WD) and was still doing a lot of fishtailing. Long story short it took me almost 90 minutes to go about 35 miles. I almost decided to stay at the armory instead of making the hike home - which was a fairly smooth trip. Footnote: Although I had made my decision a little while back I found out that it did not matter. It was not accepted, and I will not need to relocate for my work - for now. Verse for today: Jerimiah 29:10-14, ESV “For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare [2] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh the thought of slipping around in a car scares me. I'm glad you're all right.

Blessings.

Susan