20061108

Restless

This morning I woke up at 4:40 and could not get back to sleep. The song from Mercy Me titled 'Word of God Speak' was running through my head:
Word of God Speak I'm finding myself at a loss for words And the funny thing is -it's ok The last thing I need is to be heard but to hear what you would say
CHORUS:
Word of God speak would you pour down like rain washing my eyes to see your majesty To be still and know that you're in this place Please let me stay and rest in your holiness Word of God speak I'm finding myself in the midst of you beyond the music, beyond the noise All that I need is to be with you and in quiet hear your voice
CHORUS
I'm finding myself at a loss for words and the funny thing isit's ok
I have a hard time just sitting still and listening. Especially when it comes to my prayer life. I always want to get out what I have, and then I will sit still for a few moments. But to truly sit still and rest my heart and wait... not so much. For an hour or so I just tried to just still my heart and listen. I finally got up and went down stairs and typed out a letter that came to my mind. It is supposed to be a 'letter to the editor' type of deal, but I am not sure I am even going to send it in. I will pray over it and if nothing else I will probably post it here. But back to my train of thought... God's word tells us to "...be still and know that (He) is God". And I struggle with that. I struggle keeping my spirit still. Updates: None Verse for today: Psalm 37 : 23-24, ESV The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way; though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the Lord upholds his hand.

1 comment:

Susan said...

May God continue to reveal Himself to you as you "be still and listen".

It's hard, I agree. This is an area that I need to work on in my own life. I'm praying for you as you take this journey.

:-)