20061116

As the world turns

Things continue to be in a state of chaos - and for me that is not a good thing. The more things are in flux around me the more tunnel vision I get, unless I am on top of the things going on. Anyone who is married or is an office environment knows that there is very little under ones real control. :) I really don't expect it to get any better till after Christmas. I was contracted to write a few more stories for a series of articles on my Necromunda hobby. I've thrown two more together (thanks Amy for proofing them for me. No matter how many times I read through them I always miss the most obvious of things.) and sent them in. I have been encouraged to write as many that come to mind and get them in. Since they become proprietary to the company once I send them in I have not been posting them on my 'Yarns' page. I am not getting paid, but that is ok by me. I just like to write them. They are also not very long each one being between 400 and 1500 words long. I am sure none of them will be up for any literary awards either. :) I will post links to the articles - or see if I can just post them - when they are released over the next few months. On a more serious note... this morning I felt the Holy Spirit prompt me to pray for a co-worker and his wife. A little over a year and half ago this man's wife was in a serious car accident. Since then she has been a quadroplegic (? sp). This man is a personal hero of mine. Since then he has been her advocate, her nurse, her best friend, her everything. He has had to pay for a lot of medical supplies out of pocket - in one case his insurance company actually told him that his wife was too old! He has remolded his home to include an emergency generator, has purchased an RV which is being refitted so that she can travel, he has paid for a fulltime caregiver so that he can continue to work (for the insurance benefit), and he takes care of her by himself over night and on weekends. I could fill several blog entries with how this man has affected my life... but this morning I was prompted to pray for him and his wife - and I do not know why (yet). I would ask those who stumble across this humble little blog to also pray for this husband and wife. What an example of sacrificial love this man has been to me. Updates: None Verse for today: Ephesians 5 : 25-33, ESV Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. [1] In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

No comments: