20061128

Getting older

There are two events going on in my life that remind me that I am getting older. The first is that I had my first MRI this morning. The other is I will be celebrating my 14th wedding anniversary soon. The most joyful is the anniversary of course. I can't believe my beloved has tolerated me for this long. I have a temper from time to time. I have never struck her, nor have I come close. But I can get pretty loud and even shake in anger. She is not one to be passive either so you can imagine how loud we can get. :( I can also be quite tunnel visioned. When I used to commute over an hour each way to work we would talk on the phone before I left work to discuss what we would be doing that night. By the time I got home the plans would often change and it would just derail my thought process. I like to know what I am doing, I like to know where I am going. I can shift gears, but it is much easier when I am a part of the thought/decision process. When I am not my mind sort of slows down until I can process the changes. *lol* I know I have not always appreciated my love as I should. I know I have not always loved her as Christ loves the church either. I am stubburn. I am still in the Guard long after she has wanted me to get out. I often do not take the time to plan vacations or surprises as I should. And yet I do not see me as she sees me. God must have blinded her somehow. :) For me I am very fortunate to have a woman such as my beloved. She takes good care of me. She is a stay at home mother to our three children. She is the one who is on top of the family schedule. She is the one who ensures we maintain communication with the outside world. She is a fantastic hostess, and excellent cook. And she is the most beautiful woman that my eyes have laid eyes on. I am blessed beyond what I should ever hope to have expected. The Lord has made me complete. The other thing was the MRI. I've been having chronic headaches that originate at the top of my neck. They are not debilitating - more irritating than anything else. But I do get them prety much every day. X-rays were negative so the doc ordered the MRI. We shall see. Now I just need to let the doc know about my knees... Updates: None Verse for today: Jeremiah 29 : 10-14, ESV For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

4 comments:

Susan said...

What a beautiful tribute to your wife!! Getting older is one way to look at it...another is "Getting better"!!

:-) Susan

Anonymous said...

I understand that getting old part pretty good. All I can say is "It don't get no better".
Congrats on 14 yrs of wedded bliss. May you have a 114 more..........

samurai said...

Well - my relation ship with my beloved gets better... but the old body... she ain't gettin' no younger. ;-)

God Bless you both for the encouragement.

Alise said...

Congrats on the anniversary! May things continue to grow and flourish in your marriage. And praying for the results of the MRI.

~A