20061114

The day after

Ever feel like that, although things are looking good on the surface, there is something bad just about to happen? That would be an accurate way to describe the last 24 hours of my life. The evening started pretty status quo, but it degenerated quickly after dinner. The wife and I got into an argument that just created a rift that is still being felt as I write this. There are times when I swear I do nothing right. I pile dishes the wrong way, I don't fold the clothes the right way, I don't keep track of all the kids books from school, whatever. I constantly complain that we are too busy, and I am rebuffed - so when I get to the end of the day and the dishes from the night before are not put away, and the 4 loads of laundry are not folded it is somehow my fault that I am piling dishes in the sink, etc. Don't get me started on the counters not being cleared off for me to put the dishes anywhere else. --- I know I am not perfect, and I really have no idea of all that goes on during the day at home, but I get tired of being blamed for things when I am not the only one in the house. On a side note, and far less important, the Panthers won last night but it looked ugly IMO. Oh, I was very happy for the win. Julius Peppers had three sacks, Steve Smith had 149 yards and a touchdown, Keyshawn Johnson set a record for most teams with a TD reception on Monday night, and the Panthers won a division game. Having said all that the 1st half looked bad. The Panthers could not move the ball. #19 had a fumble sure, but the Panthers had to punt on their four other possesions. The Bucs were totally preparred for the run. The Panthers said they intended to run and consistantly on 1st and 2nd down they ran the ball right into the face of 7 or 8 defensive players. No wonder DeShaun Foster could not get more than 2 or 3 yards a carry. I am no football genius - and I try not to be a Monday morning quarterback - but there has to be some adjustment. Next week the Rams are coming to town and they have more sacks than the Panthers do - set aside the 11 sacks by Mr. Peppers. The Rams are going to come to play and the Panthers had better play more like they did in the 3rd and 4th quarters last night if they want to put two in a row together to get the 2nd half of the season off to a good start. Side note 1: Chriss Simms is a man among football players. I saw his interview on ESPN before the game. It's possible his spleen was hurt very early in the first game and yet he played the entire game. I know his contract is over with the Bucs at the end of this year, but I hope they resign him. I think Gradkowski is doing a good job with what he has, but Mr. Simms deserves to have a shot at the least. but don't do him wrong. If it looks likely he will not start, allow him to seek a better opportunity. Side note 2: I was encouraged when Steve Smith gave thanks to "my Lord and Savior". I do not know him personally but over the past few years I have seen his charecter change. He is not as prideful but still gets the job done. Side note 3: I like Julius Pepper's attitude as well. I know him even less than Mr. Smith, but I am grateful that he is wearing a Panthers uniform. Updates: None Verse for today: Psalm 67 : 1-3, ESV May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, Selah that your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all nations. Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I hope things are resolved quickly between you and your DW! I know that is no fun. We women-folk tend to rant and we don't compartmentalize as well as you guys do. I'm praying for new perspective for everyone involved.

As for the Bucs....don't get me started!! I've been a fan since before they were "born" and it's hard to watch these miserable games. (FYI: I'm buying my Colts shirt because I'm hoping Tony Dungy wins the Super Bowl.) BUT, on an other note, Steve Smith is on my Fantasy Football team...so there was a "part" of me pulling for at least "part" of your Panthers last night.

Have a blessed day!!

:-) Susan