1. What is your favorite sign of Spring? ~ The warming breeze and not having to wear long sleeve shirts all the time. Driving with the windows down. Having the windows open all around the house.
2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day? ~Yes i did. Although, it didn't really help as i moved like molasses in January all day long.
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year? ~I want to say cucumbers, but technically they are a fruit (or so i've been told) because they have seeds in them. I LOVE cucumbers...and watermelon... and fresh tomatoes...
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant? ~ hehehehe see above.
5. What is your least favorite insect? ~ Ticks, hands down. Spend as much time as i have (and many have spent more) in the woods and you earn pretty quick to loathe these things. I've had chiggers, and i've been bitten by many a spider and fire ant, but ticks take the cake in my opionion. The most dangerous ones are way small, you have to perform self body checks, AND you should have a buddy check areas you can't see because you do not always feel the little buggers (joke intended).
6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand? ~ My family and i prefer Aquafina, but honestly... i've not been able to taste much difference. I really like the Britta filters though. That i taste a difference in the tap water.
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that? ~ Yes, a few times. Each time the organization i was there with provided all of the "potable" water we needed. Even if that meant i had to carry several days worth of rations worth on my person. It's times like that you realzie that all you really need to back is one change of undies (which you alternate days with), lots of talc powder, and baby wipes. By the way, water is HEAVY!
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day? ~ Water, water, or water contained in Dr Pepper, Coke, Mt Dew, and/or Ice Tea? That's a very good question. I would much rather have a second glass of water/tea with my meals than an extra helping of pretty much anything.
9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share. ~ Yes. We once hired a Magician to come to DS1's birthday party. 8)
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)? ~ No, never. technically, they are illusionists. ;-) But, i've never been on stage with them either.
11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite? ~ "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" and the "Seven Samurai" are some of the best movies ever made! Although, i do confess that i enjoy "The Godfather" series. But neither of these genres come close to my preference for Science Fiction.
12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday? ~ You obviously don't know me all that well. Random? Puh-leeze. 8) Asking me what day of the week would i be most likely found eating Dragon Fruit is random, this is just out of left field. 8) But, to answer your question... i would really like to visit Hawaii. I have never been there, but i have yet to see a picture of those islands - even in the show "Dog the Bounty Hunter" - that would make me say, "Get me out of here!"