20100331

Rambling Dozen

1. How do you feel about the  marshmallow Easter Peeps? ~ Um... YUCK!  I remember getting all excited about them as a kid because everyone was just going nuts about them.  I tried it, and it was like a kid eating Lima Beans.  My tongue couldn't push the stuff back out fast enough.  Picture a dog with Peanut Butter on it's tongue.

2. Chickens are notoriously nervous  creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down? ~ My coping techniques vary.  My all time favorite is to remove myself from the situation, but that is not always possible.  I try and "shut down" the senses as much as possible.  With my mother it was the hearing.  This is the one i usually have to try and tone out.  Sort of blasting an internal "white noise".  The other one that works, and this really works the best, is to focus on something i like being near/around.  Usually, that is my Beloved.

3.  People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring  rains? ~ Rain is my absolute favorite weather pattern.  I don't care if it's alight mist, or a torrential downpour in a thunderstorm.  My favorite place is to be out in it, preferably with a rain suit and hat on.  I love sitting on screened in porches out in the rain.  If i could get a gazebo, preferably screened in to keep out the insects as much as possible, and just sit there during a rain storm.  Simply the second best place earth to me.  So i believe, to answer your question, yes, i enjoy Sprint rains.

4. When I was randomly  flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies.  I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if  someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why? ~Well, i am not one to get a tattoo, but i have seen some really incredible artwork on other people who do have them.  Also, in general, i do not think it is a good practice for Christians to get them (Leviticus 19:28 and various carved images references), but this is not any worse than any sin i deal with personally; however, that is not the question, if i am being forced to receive a tattoo and i get to choose of who, it would be probably be of Stonewall Jackson.  I was going to say of Christ, but that would be too anticipated and i am going to assume that i would have to know of the person and have a valid picture of said person.  If it must be of someone i know... it would be my Beloved.

5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or  a nose ring? ~Wow!  Where are these questions coming from!  Um... a tattoo.  I am not against others who like body piercings, but it is just not my personal cup of tea.

6. Do you have any special plans for Easter? ~ Other than spending time with the family, not really.  Personally i will be meditating on the life, suffering, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ though.  One of the best sermon series i have ever heard on the subject was by CJ Mahaney titled "Christ and Him Crucified".

7.  Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs? ~Um... my Beloved loves the Reece Eggs.  Not a huge fan of either myself.  Dark Chocolate Carmels is something altogether better.

8. What was the last thing/person you  took a picture of? ~ Um... my Imperial Guard modeling project. (Note: this is not a picture of my models, it is one i found on the web to use as a reference) We are not avid picture takers, but i have several friends (TULIP, BEAR, and KEG) who are.  I am trying to set up weekends where i can go out with some of them to just learn from them.  I've never been a hunter, but i have 'fantasied' of being a "Photographic Hunter".  That would be cool.

9. What book are you reading now, or what was the  last one? ~ Here is a reprint of this very subject from my blog yesterday - which, i was not aware that this question would be asked today. 8) Right now i am about 1/3 of the way through Stonewall Jackson: The Man. The Soldier, The Legend; somewhere in the first section of Stonewall Jackson's Book of Maxim's; a little over half way  through The Last Patriot; I've just begun Proclaiming a Cross-centered Theology; been re-reading and about a third of the  way through A Book of Five Rings; and barely even scratched Humility: True Greatness.

10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it  comes to Spring cleaning? ~Window cleaning.  There are several that are pretty hard to reach, and they always have some disgusting things around the little crooks and crannies.  My Beloved has the most arduous task of switching out everyone's wardrobe.  This is almost always a multi-day process because she checks to see what fits, what doesn't, etc.

11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you  own? ~ I actually own two, but they are not for general use like ladies might have.  One is for showers at gyms, pools, etc.  The other is for when we go to the beach or pool.

12. Which color makes you happiest? ~ Um... never really thought about that before.  For me i think it has a lot to do with context.  For example, i really like Cobalt Blue, but i am not very fond of it when my Beloved wears it.  She looks great in Autumn colors (IMO), and things like that make me happy.



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh have you ever had dark chocolate carmel with sea salt on top of it?! To die for!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Stonewall Jackson! You are so unique. Love all of your answers. And to address, "Where do these come from?" -- welcome to my brain. :) Have a blessed Easter. I'm grateful to know such an honorable man of God as you.