1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet? ~ Other than a pair of Army Jungle boots i am not really sure. Both pairs of my work shoes (winter and summer) need to be replaced, but they still are serviceable. That is they both have soles on them, and they protect my feet. The boots however are eight years old. Other than the year i was on active duty, i don't really wear them all that often.
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety? ~ Personally, no. Although my beloved has. I used to like the Macarones, but now my favorite are the lemon drops or the shortbread.
3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to? ~ Sadly, no i do not. But i wouldn't mind learning. But i would never do it alone. My beloved would HAVE to come with me. I enjoy watching two dancers who dance well, and i would really appreciate being able to do that with my beloved.
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager? ~ Hmm, since an opinion of myself would be biased i am unsure of how to truly answer this. I had a paper route for a couple of years. I loved delivering the papers with my dog "Spaz", but hated collecting the money. At one point when my mother moved out of a house we were sharing with a widow and her daughter i made arrangements to stay. I just couldn't take moving any more. While "Mom 2" had set it up for me to make pretty small payments for rent, i do not remember being on time all that much. I dropped out of High School, but had a job within a week, and did eventually get my G.E.D. and took some college courses. When the family went to Germany to visit my brother and his wife, i managed to save up enough money to pay my own way and even stay an extra week. So the answer is yes and no. 8)
5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see? ~ Other than "The Blind Side", and "The Hurt Locker", i couldn't tell you what movies were nominated for what. Of those two i've seen "The Blind Side", and loved it.
6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself? ~ I can take an x-acto knife and cut a deep splinter out of my own hand, but when i just try and use a pair of tweezers on the kids i get wierded out. Yet, i've been able to keep it together when they scrape their knees, etc. I don't mind having things done to me, i even watched when i got eighteen stitches in my hand, and i was their for the delivery of all three children. Where was i? Oh yea, i guess it is easier when it is just me.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why? ~ Sunday, without a doubt. While i prefer spending nice quiet days with my beloved, Sunday is the day of the week i feel the most "up". It is the day i go to gather with other believers in Christ. It is the day i sing unabashedly, praises to God. NFL football doesn't hurt when it's on, but for me the day is about spending time thinking about the things of God.
8. Do you miss anyone right now? ~ I miss my beloved pretty much most of the time. Other than her... no, not really.
9. Do hospitals make you queasy? ~ Nope.
10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card? Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you. ~ I am a guy, so this will come as no surprise... Best Buy. not Home Depot or Lowes, because that usually just means more work for me somewhere. but at Best Buy there is music, DVD's computers, BIG screen tv's Blue Ray players, etc. 8)
11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items? ~ When i find a brand with a good reputation, and then i also experience it first hand, yes. I am willing to pay extra for brands that i find to be of quality. And despite all of the bad press that Toyota is getting of late, i will pretty much never buy a different brand of car for the rest of my life.We own two of them now and we are very, very happy with them.
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels? ~ I have to force myself to look anyone in the eyes when we are talking about anything. It takes a constant conscious effort on my part, but when emotions (i.e. feelings) get involved it becomes pretty much impossible to maintain it for me. It does not matter if i am doing the sharing, or vice verse.