20100308

Music Monday and Randomness

Yesterday i totally forgot the start time for the 1st service at church.  I had it locked into my brain that church started at 09:30, but it actually starts at 09:00.  So... after realizing that i had made my son miss his youth Bible study, i was able to get all of us to the 11:00 service.  I kept both of the boys with me (my beloved was sick 8( ), and i thought it was pretty good overall.  The sermon was based on Revelation 3:14-22:
 “And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: ‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation.

‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I also conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’” (ESV) (emphasis mine)
Basically, are we pursuing God with all of our heart, soul, mind, and strength?  Or are we just going to church when we want to, maybe halfheartedly doing Bible study, etc.  I know i am guilty of being half hearted when it comes to my own quiet times.  I have struggled for a long time with this.

While i had selected two songs from yesterdays worship to possibly use for today, but i forgot my notes at home.  So i was half listening to the radio on my way in to work when i heard my selection for today.  They (the radio station) plays this every Monday, and i have found it really helpful in getting my motor moving.

I Saw the Light
David Crawder Band


With this being a pretty popular song i am sure you all have heard the lyrics before. 8)

Ok, two general ramblings... the first one is i recently went and had a sleep study done as a result of a lot of encouragement from my beloved.  The follow up appointment was this Friday morning, but this morning i get a message that i need to call the doctor's office.  When i did they asked to reschedule this for tomorrow afternoon.  I confess, this makes me a tad nervous.  I've never had a doctor move up an appointment before.  In the end i am trusting in God.  That He is providing insight and direction to the doctor, but my immediate reaction was fear - which in the end is sin.  It is a display in a lack of trust that God is in control.  Well, we shall see what the doctor has to say.  Me thinks i will be wearing a mask of some sort to get a better night's sleep.

The second is that i have decided to start another long term hobby (thus a pretty low priority) project.  I've shared my enjoyment of tabletop wargames such as Necromunda and Warhammer 40,000, science fiction in general, i may have even touched on my enjoyment of modeling (building, not posing).  Well, for as long as i have played Warhammer 40K i have played the Imperial Guard.  I like the fact that they are the underdog... just plain grunts against the whole universe.  To give you an idea their main weapon is nicknamed the "flashlight". Anyway,i have been itching to build some models.  A week ago i dove into some boxes that i've not touched in over four years and pulled out my "bits" box, (bits are all the left overs from various other projects) and found two whole squads of infantry and two heavy weapons teams.  Not a bad core - not for playing because that is such a small force to take out to a hobby store, but a decent start for the project that came to my mind. I have decided that i am going to vicariously remember my National Guard history by representing it in the equivalent models of the Imperial Guard of the Warhammer 40K universe.  I've already outlined the units for each phase of my military career, from pre-military to post.  I really feel like a geek, and most definetely proud of it. 8)  This project will take some time to complete because i am not trying to field it on any gaming table, nor am i affixing a deadline.  I am collecting and building strictly for the hobby sake of it.  Here is the very first two pictures of my ambitious project (i will have many more on my facebook profile).

As you can see, my work "bench" is pretty small, but that's ok.  I will not be spending endless hours at it.  It's just a place to work from as i have time.

1 comment:

Alise said...

Absolutely love this song, and DCB's interpretation of it. Makes me incredibly happy!