1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason? ~ What an odd question. 8) I prefer even numbers. Why? Because they are even. You can divide them in two, they have a "match" so to speak, they look more balanced, they feel more balanced, and they are just plain WAY cooler. 8)
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you? ~ Umm... another odd question imo. I would say, maybe a 3, but i also know my own pride is capable of much more... but i will stick with a 3.
3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered? ~ I am not Irish. If you know me IRL you would also be able to see that i am not Irish. Although, i am married to an Irish woman. God i love her. She is (an ex-)Catholic, she is a Red Head (and PLEASE do not say that she isn't). So, although I am not, she is, and i can live my Irish-ness vicariously through her. But in regards to me...Inquisitive. 8)
4. How lucky do you consider yourself? ~ I don't believe in luck, good or bad. However, i do consider myself very blessed, which some people would call luck. An example, many, many, many moons ago i worked as a delivery guy making minimum wage. One morning i was broke, and had to borrow money from the driver (who was a good friend from High School, but also my boss). I borrowed $5. Instead of spending it frugally i bought a Big Gulp (before they had the Super-Mega-Gulps of today), a breakfast bite, and 3 $1 scratch-off lottery tickets. I won $10. I immediately paid my friend back, and instead of saving it for lunch, NO, i bought 5 more $1 scratch off tickets and won $30 more. I do not recommend that sort of "investing" to anyone. lol
5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written? ~ WOW... that is a hard question. I honestly cannot think of any one post, but a recurring theme (even if i do not post on it every day) would have to be how blown away i am by the Amazing Grace of God. His coming to Earth in the form of a frail human child, His growing up and living each and every day He walked the Earth - sinless, and in pursuit of His Heavenly Father, His laying down His own life to preach about Heaven and His Father, and then to ultimately lay down his own life and have it lifted up on a Cross to take my place for my sins so that He would suffer and die in my place, and then that He would defeat death and rise from the dead, and then ascend into Heaven to sit at the right hand of His Father where He now intercedes for me. If i spent the rest of my life only speaking, meditating, preaching, typing, proclaiming of all that He has done (and continues to do), it would not near be enough. My favorite posts are the ones where Christ is proclaimed and given the glory and praise He so richly deserves.
6. Describe March weather where you live in three words. ~ Windy, Transitional, Hopeful
7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery) ~ I like to think i am pretty quick on the up take. I am not overly fond, and very suspicious of "blarney" when i detect it. "A lying tongue hates its victims, and a flattering mouth works ruin." (Proverbs 26:28, ESV)
8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking? ~ Not as "green" as i would like to be. Ever since the public service commercials of the '70's featuring the Native American i have considered recycling, and taking care of the Earth a part of our God given mandate in Genesis. In my mind it is only common sense to want to reuse resources that can be. I am a huge fan of Geo-Thermal heating and cooling for the home. I think Solar Energy is awesome, but needs to become more affordable for Harry and Harriet Homeowner. I would encourage Elementary and Middle schools to take children on field trips to landfills and roadsides so the kids can see first hand what people do to the world around them. Now, having said all that, i am a "Doubting Thomas" regarding the whole "Global Warming" alarmist junk. Some good things will come out in regards to our (the human race's) stewardship of the Earth and its resources, but in the end it is an attempt to legislate morality (if you can call it that).
9. What is your favorite song this week? ~ That actually changes day to day, sometimes moment to moment, depending on the mood i am in. Last night i was listening to Carmina Burana, this morning i was listening to Steven Curtis Chapman. Some days its P.O.D. or Creed, other days it's Bach. Consistent favorites are Silent Night, Amazing Grace, I Heard the Bells... i think i am off track now. 8)
10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up? ~ I will pick up most any coin i see. I am fascinated by coins. Sometimes i will walk right by them, especially if it's a penny, but it has more to do with how busy i am. And when i am busy i usually don't see them anyway. 8)
11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...." ~ I really enjoy the view.
12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? See this site to find out. ~I have found several, so i guess it depends on the source... "Reach Out, I'll Be There" - by the Four Tops was one i found, "Cherish" by the Association. "Almost Persuaded" by David Houston was another.